The first 'luxury' hotel in northern Kerala, this opens up miles of unspoilt coastline to the adventurous travelers. Just 18 thatched cottages sit amongst 12 acres of lush gardens filled with frangipani and banana trees, coconut groves and glorious hibiscus flowers. Built according to traditional Keralan Vastu principles, the whole site faces east and the rising sun. Endangered sea turtles hatch their eggs on the beach and rare birds flit overhead; everything is in harmony with nature and Neeleshwar ‘s eco principles are spot on. Spend your days in the Ayurvedic spa, doing yoga or learning to meditate.
Airport – 95 km from Mangalore Airport
Railway station- 10 Kms from Kanhangad Railway Station
Bus stand- 8 Kms from Kanhangad Town bus stand
Accommodation at Neeleshwar Hermitage:
- Total 18 cottages
- Categories of room: Rooms are classified into three categories as Twin garden view cottages, twin sea view cottages which offer privacy, comfort and individuality
- Recreational: A beautiful 2-bedroom houseboat is available for backwater cruises. Bikes can be borrowed and the cottages are only 200m from an unspoilt beach with safe swimming. There's an extensive library of Indian fiction, art and architecture books and a TV room with DVDs, as well as free yoga and meditation classes, regular lectures, concerts and classic film nights
- Dining: There are 2 restaurants: Annapurna Ma serves a variety of (mainly vegetarian) dishes combining Indian, Middle Eastern and European flavours (and is fully licensed for drinks 5.30-11pm), while Meenakshi focuses on seafood. Continental breakfasts are available at either until 10am and afternoon tea is served at Meenakshi daily. There's a bar area poolside, drinks are available 10am-7pm.
- Communal areas: There are 12 acres of glorious gardens to explore, with hammocks and exotic flora scattered throughout. There's also a lounge area for guest use
- Internet Access: You'll find free WiFi in all rooms
- Swimming Pool: The huge infinity pool looks out over the beach and uses no chlorine
- Spa Treatments: The Priya Spa offers Ayurvedic treatments, traditional massage and and various facial, body and beauty treatments. All the products used are 100% organic and packages can be tailormade to your requirements
- Meetings/Functions: There's a meeting room for 30 people with a projector
- Disabled Access: One cottage is equipped for disabled guests and there are ramps throughout